Wednesday, October 24, 2007

St. Paul of SEPTA

Now that we've moved out of center city and I take the train to work every day, I've found a new, more discrete way to evangelize.

I'd prefer Lauds and Vespers, but my schedule doesn't permit me to recite them, so Magnificat (the Hours for People-on-the-Go) suits my life pretty well for Morning and Evening Prayer on the train.

My bookmarks, other than the ribbons from my leather cover (thank you RM), are prayer cards of Christ and the Blessed Mother, so when I read they are plain as day so anyone to my left or right can see them (I've noticed on trains that everyone - myself included - will always look at what a person is reading), in hopes of starting dialogue.

The SEPTA ticket-collectors, usually the most unloving of all the passengers, get a special treat.

When they come around to check tickets and passes, I put my pass right next to the prayer card of Christ (or Mary as I did today), so when they look at my pass it is IMPOSSIBLE for them not come face to face with the Savior or the Mother of God.

And that's how it's done.


Repent, for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!
Matthew 3:2