Monday, October 29, 2007

Post-Bella


I got a chance to check out the movie Saturday night with my wife. Whether it was good or bad, I wanted to make sure I supported the film. I now offer my review on the flick...

MPAA Rating
PG-13

Rating System
1 - 5 Rocks, 5 Rocks being the best.

Pace
(3 Rocks)
There was a point in the movie where I glanced at my watch. Nearly 45 minutes of the movie had gone by and I was waiting for it to speed up. It did (thankfully). After that 45 minutes, Bella really began to take form.

Character Development & Acting (3 Rocks)
I thought Jose's (Eduardo Verastegui) character was a little ho-hum, although he was likable in the movie. I did not care for Nina's (Tammy Blanchard) character, or her acting, at all.
Bella
did a great job of introducing Jose's family, which showed why Jose was the man he was. The character development of his family was flawless. Jose's parents really stole the screen.

Family Friendly (5 Rocks)
Definitely. Some heavy life situations, but a great opportunity to introduce them to children: life, death, and the repercussions of both.

Should you see it? (Don't bother, Rent it, Go see, Must see)
GO SEE - Definitely worth your time. Did not live up to the expectations, but worth 100 minutes of your life. It's nice to see a wholesome movie in the theaters for a change. Hopefully Hollywood catches on and begins bringing us more.


Next movie up for review? Into Great Silence.