Monday, July 14, 2008

A Case For Chastity

Ok, so through the years I've always heard people refer to engaging in pre-marital sex as, "test-driving the car before buying it."
It always infuriated me, wondering if their "other" knew they were being looked at as a "machine" and not as another human being to be loved. Yes, even in my pagan days it annoyed me.

Anyway, after some time of hearing this over and over, I thought of a great rebuttal to this crude comment:

"Yes, but if you can test drive a car whenever you like, why would you ever buy it?"

"And if you don't own a car, how quick are you to toss it aside when something breaks or malfunctions and get a new "car?"
If you own a car, your more likely to cherish it, take care of it, and do whatever is in your means to make sure it runs."