Thursday, July 10, 2008

At The Heart of Feminism

Dale O'Leary - who I am really beginning to enjoy - tackles feminism in this transcript from 1994. True feminism is to be applauded, but false feminism is something to be weary of and Mr. O'Leary discusses:

Before we begin to talk about feminism we need to lay a foundation of repentance. I have given many talks on the subject and no matter how careful I am, I find that when I am finished one or two women in the audience will be terribly offended by my talk. The interesting thing is that they are usually offended by something I didn't say I tried to explain the points that disturbed people more carefully, but frankly to no avail.

Since you may face the same problem, let me explain what I think happens. There has been injustice toward women by men. This should be no surprise to us. The book of Genesis tells us that the first fruits of original sin were the disruption in the relationship between men and women.

Continue reading...